Sunday, January 15, 2006

Yesterday, my artist and I had a date

My mother-in-law had Ava yesterday and I had four lovely hours to do whatever I pleased.

I get stumped sometimes thinking that there is some "right" thing my artist should be doing. I read a post (which I will link to after I finish writing this!) where the AW member went to whole foods for her date. I love whole foods, even if all I do is wander the aisles and browse.

When I got in my car though, I had an inkling of what my artist wanted to do. She wanted to go to the two story big Barnes & Noble in San Mateo and browse. She wanted to be with all of those lovely books and walk the aisles and look at the titles. She wanted to do a teensy bit of research for the baby project (which is a book idea for those who want a clue, and not about babies :)

So as I exited to the B&N and saw the giant new Whole Foods at the exit. Of course I knew it was there and of COURSE I forgot! So I went there first, got a large Chai (instead of the small I usually get) and a yummy cinnamon roll pastry and browsed... I looked at the vitamins, I looked at the baby books, I looked at the juices and the bins of bulk foods. I browsed for about an hour looking at all the products and wondering just what people do with them. What do people use all these vitamins for?

Then...THEN I went to B&N.

I love this particular B&N. I fell in love when it was first built and we've had a long distance love affair since I moved from the Peninsula up to SF. Walking in felt like home. I know where to find everything. I know where the computer books are...I've spent a lot of time and money with those kinds books. I know where the alternative books are. I know all too well where the self help books are.

I gave myself a $20 book budget and if I don't include the colorful board book I bought for Ava, only exceeded the budget by $2.

I came home relaxed. I came home happy to come home and play with my wonderful little 21-month old girl.

Later I'll do my check in, but now T wants some attention :)

Thank you all for your encouragement and posts. My heart is warm with all of the love and support. The AW is exactly what I needed!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jana B said...

That sounds like an AWESOME AD!!!!!! I would have spent too much money though... I have a weakness for books. LOL

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home