Thursday, January 12, 2006

Yes, I woke up this morning, and AW progress

Yes, I did it, through an act of Whomever Was On Duty rather than myself.

I woke at 5.. too early.
I woke at 6:30 when the alarm went off, but T was just too warm and snuggly.
I woke at 6:35 when my client (who has an east coast stock trading desk) called and hung up because he solved his own problem.

By the time I got up to check the phone, it had stopped ringing, but I took this as Divine Intervention from the Entity On Duty and got up and wrote those three blasted pages. I wrote about my almost forgotten dreams of my ex - where I was packing up so much clutter because I was leaving him.

This would be the same ex that I named as a creativity monster from the AW exercise as I remembered reading him a poem I wrote and he didn't like it because it was "sad." He didn't like sad, it would turn out, because he was afraid to go there. Afraid to dip his big toe in the waters of melancholy. So for the five years I was with the SOB (his last name ends in B, btw) I stopped writing. Why I started writing again is a whole different story that I'm not ready to tell yet.

I'm angry just thinking about it. I'm angry thinking that he stole my creativity, or worse, I threw it away because it was unacceptable to him.

I think my dream was telling me to clean out the clutter he's left in my head - it's time for him to go.

I am also trying to think of what I would do if I had three different lifetimes...but I'm a bit stuck.

p.s.
At the encouragement of Krista I will list one thing I would do in alternate lifetime #1
teacher

okay, two:
healer

okay, I'll do all three:
write, publish, and promote children's literature

thanks Krista...I needed the encouragement!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy to hear about your success this morning! (And a tad bit anxious to hear about this baby project...but I'm pretty patient. Most of the time.)

6:16 PM  
Blogger daphne said...

I don't like sad either, but hooo boy, it sure likes me sometimes. Like static cling, I can't get rid of it. (Thanks for visiting my blog, btw.)

7:33 PM  
Blogger The Silent K said...

Maybe you can think of one?

Sometimes I get overwhelmed if I am asked to list list several things. BUt if I am asked to only think of 1 thing, it is easier.

I think its ok to give yourself permission to make the exercises easier if it unsticks you and helps you move forward.

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

;)

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home