Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I {heart} these things

I {heart}...

...artichokes
...my own recipe risotto
...Ben & Jerry's chunky monkey ice cream
...going to yoga, even if I have to keep bringing my brain back when I'm in it
...being part of small teams that make big things happen
...being a Mom, but especially being a Mah-MEE
...the way Ava's face lights up when she sees me
...watching Ava carry my purple beaded bag slung over her upper arm, with her arm in "right turn" pose so it won't fall off
...moments when life feels utterly perfect
...moments of complete silence in my home
...playing in the dirt and planting spring bulbs
...my friends
...my partner, my boyfriend, my mate (I also {heart} that these are all the same guy)
...fuzzy pajamas with feet because they keep Ava warm when she kicks off the blankets
...my Franklin planner even though I have a Treo and Goodlink
...the satisfaction after I figure out how to do something technical
...possibility, that everything and anything is possible
...that moods shift, always
...Trader Joe's strawberry lemonade
...good clothes on sale
...Bic cheapo mechanical pencils with .7 mm lead
...big fat crayola markers
...Ava's laugh
...when love shines through T's smile

What do you {heart}?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I {heart}...
...wrapping paper
...ribbons
...potatoes
...fried potatoes
...mashed potatoes
...baked potatoes
...my wonderful husband of more than 20 years who makes me laugh, makes me KNOW I am loved, and is a really good friend. And, yes, I would most definitely choose him over potatoes. But, I really hope it never comes down to that choice.

I also {heart} improv classes, improv shows, Seinfeld reruns, and Thanksgiving -- you know, because it's the holiday with the mashed potatoes!

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home