Thursday, December 08, 2005

Spare some change?

This morning I realized after T dropped me off at work that I'd forgotten my wallet in the non-waterproof coat I was wearing yesterday.

I had also recently changed day planners, so the spare twenty I tuck into the pocket hadn't transferred yet.

I also usually have a few dollars in my pocket for the bus...that amounted to $2.29...not enough for lunch or even coffee.

So I decide to "borrow" some cereal from my client's stash. I choose Rice Krispies and surrepitiously pour a bowl and sneak out a back door so nobody notices my theft.

I eat a couple bites and notice a couple black flecks in the bowl....under closer examiniation:

BUGS!

There are bugs, just two, and definitely dead, in my bowl of stolen cereal.

I go back to the kitchen, pour the cereal down the drain, and decide to get coffee. I get the milk and sugar ready first, go to pour coffee, and....

it's OUT! No more coffee!

About this time I call T and beg for him to come give me money...he arrives shortly after I call.

I walk up to the car and say...

"Spare some change?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home