Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Three's Company

I've been blessed this week. Tonight I met up with my wonderful friends Becky and Stef and chit-chatted a couple hours away. Stef left first, to tuck her little one into bed and Beck and I didn't stay much longer, just long enough until we said everything.

There is something marvelously comforting to hanging out with friends who have known me long enough to understand me. To understand that I am mostly sane, that the only constant in my life is change, and even though they are a little like that they aren't exactly like me and get me just the same.

I was telling them that I shifted something in the cosmic fabric of my world this week. On Tuesday at Ava's play gym I was getting crabby. Usually it is because of all the other Moms in the place that are feeling crabby and I pick up on it. I am an emotional sponge - I absorb all of the emotions around me without even thinking about it. Most of the time I wish I did have to think about it because then I wouldn't pick them up in the first place!

But I had a minor epiphany on Tuesday. I thought that if I was so good at picking up everyone's bad stuff, why couldn't I pick up their good stuff for a change? Why did it have to be the negative stuff that followed me around like toilet paper stuck to my shoe?

The last few days, okay, since yesterday, I've been asking whomever is in charge to let me absorb the good stuff. Let me absorb the love and the joy. Wouldn't you know it, I end up in an elementary school today surrounded by little people who all looked at me with big wide eyes. I could feel the love, taste, touch, and smell the love. All day in fact, I felt love. I didn't see the angst for a change, I had extra energy for a change! I drove all over the bay area for work today, but wasn't beat up and tired.

I came home from meeting up with my friends and had energy so I cleaned up three days worth of dirty dishes in the sink.

That never happens! (Not the dirty dishes, but the desire to clean them at 9PM!)

Now my people are all alseep, the dishwasher is running, and I'm going to rest with a new book from my free book stack. Goodnight all, I'm sending you love.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it that we make a difference to one another JUST BY SHOWING UP AND BEING OURSELVES! How cool is that? After spending time with you both I end up feeling understood, supported, and inspired.
Glad we carve out this time once in a while and I'm REALLY looking forward to the next time!

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home