Monday, November 14, 2005

Free stuff is good stuff

This morning I went to meet a coworker at a client site that I have only visited once before. I made the necessary introductions, marveling as I did the last time at all of the books everywhere. Both partners in this Venture Capital firm are on the boards of different book publishers (one HarperCollins and the other I don't remember) and they receive books, perhaps even every book that is published by these two publishing houses.

They had a couple boxes of books near the computer stuff, so being a bibliophile of the highest nature, had to ask. They're going to be donated, I was told. My client, who is the assistant to these two partners, saw the look on my face and said I was welcome to take what I wanted!

Free books!!!! Woo hoo!!!! Free BOOKS!!!!

She also pointed at the bookshelves and said I could take what I wanted from there as well.

I limited myself to five books and one audio book for T. Five beautiful, free, hardcover books. One even by an author I know and like. The others are unknown to me, but not for long!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Semi-Wicked said...

Oh my gawd. I rarely ever say this, but I'm totally jealous.

Free books. Free NEW books.

Holy moly, you are one lucky girl.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home