Tuesday, November 08, 2005

On the verge of something miraculous

We have done a lot of cleaning, decluttering, and moving things around in our home over the last couple months.

Ava has a new Ikea decorated bedroom and has graduated from her crib to a toddler bed. The bed measures 63 inches long, which is good since mom is 61-1/2 inches long I can lay down next to her and ensure she falls asleep. She can get out of this bed on her own, but sometimes forgets and cries when she wakes. It's okay, I don't want my little girl growing up too fast.

We've also redone our living room and removed two large wood pieces (a stand alone bar and a desk) and mounted shelves on the walls with hidden mounting brackets. We replaced a few uncomfortable metal/vinyl chairs with a comfy small red leather sofa. It feels like the room opened up and said "aaaaaahhhhhh...." The room used to be just a transition between front door and kitchen, but now it says "come in, sit down, read, relax, or just chat." T and I are both enjoying the change.

So we did these big things and then I stared at the house as if it was going to cough up the answers to all of my life questions right that very second. Patience, I have as much patience as Ava these days.

But now, a couple weeks later, the changes are happening. When I saw my fab alternative doctor last week she said the dandruff that has plagued me since Ava's birth was a block to my creative flow and when it bothers me to ask that the block be removed.

The next morning after this visit, I absentmindedly scratched at that dry patch on the left side of my scalp, then remembered and asked "whomever was on duty" as my Mom says, to please remove the block. The immediate response was "write." SOaB!

So I've started writing again, three-ish pages a day of free flowing whatever comes to mind but don't force it writing. I've also been reading - marvelous fantasy books by a young author - and my creativity is flowing again. I'm bursting with a crafty idea for Christmas presents and something else I'm not ready to share yet.

All of this was helped by going away last weekend with my dear friend Tracey. Two moms escaping to Calistoga for less than 48 hours. We slept, got spa treatments (including my first ever mud bath!), and went to bed super early.

Life...it just keeps getting better.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm so happy for all the movin' and groovin' in your life. Good for you! Scott and I just did a bit more decluttering together the other day and it feels so GOOD! Chi moving is a good thing.

Keep going and enjoy all the bumps along the way.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home