Saturday, March 25, 2006

AW Check-In Week 11

1. MPs
7/7. I am playing with the idea of yoga practice in the morning also and feeling a little crunched for time with 20 minutes for MP and 30 minutes for yoga. Yesterday I did yoga first then MPs, today I did MP first then five minutes of yoga. I don't remember if I've recommended MP's to anyone lately, but I have recommended the AW.

2. AD
I did a couple mini AD's yesterday: a trip alone to Rainbow Foods co-op grocery, a walk through the Castro before my yoga class. Today though, I was wanting an hour to myself before yoga class but then Ava had a complete breakdown. So I didn't take an hour to myself, but instead Ava and I went outside and played in the dirt. I picked weeds and felt so connected to the earth. Ava slid around and got the butt of her new jeans filthy and her good shoes muddy and really, it just didn't matter because mud makes mom and daughter happy! Mud makes my inner artist happy. Delighted, as a matter of fact.

3. Synchronicity
All was rather quiet on the synchronicity front. Things seem to be just ticking along.

4. Issues
The big meltdown about feeling like I'm not doing enough, I'd call that a major issue. Learning to lean heavily on T for support and for taking care of Ava, I'd call that a major issue. Remembering that things are more fun when done with others. Remembering I am not an island of parenthood, I am part of a TEAM.

Mostly it's just strange that there is only a week left. I've made progress in so much - I mean really, I never imagined that I would be in training to be a yoga instructor as a result of the AW! Speaking of yoga, probably the most remarkable thing that happened this week in yoga was that I was able to lift my legs in the beginning of tripod handstand. I've never, never, never been able to do that before! My regular headstand was so much stronger, sturdier, I can feel my core strengthening and my power as well.

I am looking forward to the break in reading since I have books to read for my book research plus a dozen books to read for yoga training.

Here's the list I made for Task #6: nurture in the next six months
trip to hawaii
complete yoga teacher training
go to Esalen with a girlfriend
go visit my dear friend in San Diego for the weekend
plant a vegetable garden this spring

One week's worth of nurturing, things I would do:
massage
yoga
pedicure
buy fresh flowers - daffodils, tulips
take a walk in nature
make something hearty and warm, like my italian sausage tortelini soup
play with paint and get my hands messy
take a nap as needed!

This posting is a bit disjointed, but I am not in an editing mood...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home