Thursday, February 09, 2006

It's time to go home...

...well beyond when I had planned on leaving work.

I had thought I might go to an exercise class at lunchtime, but lunchtime ended up as a prepackaged salad brought back to the office to eat as I worked on another computer.

I had thought I would go to a tai chi class at 4:30, but a coworker had a big issue that he didn't want to solve himself and guilted me into helping him. "I thought you were going to do it, I'm too busy," he whined.

I responded, "Name, I have four clients, I work three days a week, I currently have three issues more pressing than yours but I'm helping you."

He then whined "I have one client that feels like four."

IMO, that's because he doesn't manage them well. He's a yes-man, someday I hope he will learn how to say no.

But that might be the day that I do also...

I'm tired, and talking to him has drained the last ounce of energy from me so now I know there's no way I'm making it to any exercise anything today. If I'd brought my swim suit I'd go do laps so I could immerse myself in water and drown out his lingering whiny voice.

Plus I woke up late and didn't do my MPs and that always leaves me behind in my game.

1 Comments:

Blogger Otter said...

I'm happy Jenny the painting dog could bring a smile.
Sounds like you had a grungy day. The yes-man reminds me of a co-dependent associate I once had...stress on the ONCE.

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home