Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I love you people!

I love YOU PEOPLE! You people - the ones I know and am coming to know through the AW. The ones who post and the ones who read but I can feel your reassurances even if you don't post a syllable.

I am saying YES!

After stressing about it all morning, as I drove home today I asked, prayed, requested:

Hi God, would you please give me a clear sign whether I'm supposed to sign up for this training? A big crystal clear yes or a big crystal clear no, please.

Then I got home and added to that, would you please let me know in the next half hour?

And I went outside and pulled weeds from the grass. Don't tell anyone, but I love pulling weeds. There is something so wonderfully satisfying about pulling weeds from the ground to give room for the plants I've chosen for a space (like grass). So I'm pulling weeds and I think, yes, what about instead of thinking no and fighting it, what if I say yes?

What would stop me from saying yes? I realize it's my daughter. My adorable, wonderful, almost two year old daughter. If I wasn't a mother and didn't feel like I would be taking time away from Ava by doing this training I would have signed up the day before I saw the class. Instead of asking myself if it's fair to me, I asked if it was fair to her. She can't be the reason for me to say no to something so good. Money can't be the reason either. If these are my only reasons, I reasoned, they aren't good enough.

So I printed and filled out the registration form.

I spoke with T who was tired after a long golf day but said "if you want to do this, do this, and it sounds like you're going to be busy." But now that I think of it, he also said "you may not even end up teaching kids, you may end up doing something else with yoga, this opens the door." Yes, I love this man.

I spoke with the yoga instruction program organizer and paid the deposit. Somehow this is all going to work out, somehow now that I jumped, now that I committed, it is all going to work out. I can feel it, like a warm bath melting away, steaming away all of my concerns.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

you're such a smart woman, julie!!

congrats, congrats, congrats on your next big adventure!

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw! Good for you! Actually I;ve always known that I wanted to train to be a yoga teacher too one day in the back of my mind, but I think that this AW course has really brought those desires to the surface. So, because this is a thing dear to my heart, I feel really seeply happy for you that you are going and doing this.

Congratulations! It's a big commitment, and a big decision and you are taking the leap.

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home