Saturday, February 11, 2006

AW Week 5: Check In

While I have a minute...

1. MPs:
I did the MPs six out of seven days and regretted not having time to do them the one morning I skipped...woke up late after a bad night of sleep and ended up being 45 min late for work even without doing them. Was a really tiring messy day, complete with a fall into the virtue trap.

One morning I fell into the river of creativity in my MPs though, the night before I had asked a question about the book I'm pondering and the morning I found six pages of material dumped onto the pages. I love that river...

2. AD
Thank you Kat and In Otter Space for ideas on ADs! Sometimes it's obvious what my artist wants to do, other times not. I will save these ideas and borrow them!

This week I sort of had an AD. I went to yoga this morning, which is like an AD to me. I came home and T, Ava and I went to the farmers market and bought a zillion clementines and tasty blood oranges and a bunch of the freshest most beautiful chard I've seen. I also bought myself bright pink tulips because I adore tulips. I know I'm not supposed to bring my family along on an AD, but it's more fun to go to the farmers market with them!

Then we had a sitter arranged for 3Pm and I was all set to do something...but I wanted to do that something with T so I invited him to a movie. We showed up four mins before the next showing of the Pink Panther. We do that...just show up at movies and choose one playing soon that sounds interesting. It was hilarious...stupid British (French) humor sort of funny but there were parts that had me laughing for minutes. T and I ate a good sized popcorn and some really good soft red vines and my artist seemed genuinely happy to have some time with her boy.

Next week I'll do something solo besides yoga :)

3. Synchronicity...
There were a dozen little things like thinking I need to meet some real kids in my target 9-12 age range soon to ask them about my book ideas and a day later one of my coworkers who is the lead for an elementary school needs my help. I've met the principal and now I have to gather my confidence and ask if I can talk to teachers and students! I can't think of more but I will add as I remember.

I keep repeating my Artist Prayer when I get overwhelmed:
All I need to do is take the next step.

And then I have room to breathe again.

4. Issues...
Seeing I'm still susceptible to the Virtue Trap and struggle to say no when I am guilted into helping.

5. Other things... (I made that one up)
I am loving all of the bloggers I am connecting with...thank you for your kind words, encouragement, and just making me feel read!

2 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

oo, your purchasing of tulips and gorgeous oranges fits so perfectly into this week's writing on luxury. sounds delicously luxurious to me!!

6:10 PM  
Blogger eliza said...

i love your artist's prayer! i may borrow it sometimes. mine is really long - slightly less practical in a pinch.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home