Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Cheerios Time

Time, time, time, there never seems to be enough time.

Work could eat up days and days of my time, but they're only supposed to get three days a week. Instead I give them lots of hours in those three days that nearly adds up to a full week anyway...

Ava, she isn't so ravenous with my time, but she would love more than she gets. She would love if I was with her every day, every moment, apparent when she screams and shakes her head simultaneously as I'm grabbing my laptop case and walking towards the door. She also refuses to fall asleep until after I get home, most nights...

T needs some of me too. He's not as demanding, but I really LIKE being with him, maybe I can pencil him in between the shower and breakfast on the days I work.

And me? What about time for me where I escape from everyone else? That is precious, valuable time, almost impossible to give myself because I feel GUILT! I know it's dumb to feel guilty about this, I know I need to give myself time first so then I have energy and enthusiasm for everyone else, but I usually wait until I'm about to explode because I have been around too many people doing too many things for others and then I BLOW UP because there is a Cheerio on the floor.

Yes, I have blown up over Cheerios on the floor. I have also blown up because Ava is eating a 5 day old Cheerio that is on the floor. I have also blown up because we are out of Cheerios. Recently, though, I discovered that I very much prefer Trader Joe's O's to Cheerios. I've been buying Trader Joe's O's for a while now because at $1.99 a box, how can I complain, but then I was at the regular grocery store, and Cheerios were on sale for $3 a box so they ended up on my cereal shelf.

1 out of 1 Julie prefers Trader Joe's O's to Cheerios, and not just because she's cheap.

Maybe I'll have TIME to buy Trader Joe's O's on the way home...but I doubt it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love this entry. I love all the ways Cheerios make you scream! And your wonderful honesty about this. Very human!
xoxo

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home