Monday, July 11, 2005

Zippety Doo Dah

Today breezed by as I sat idly on a cloud, watching the world pass. Well, maybe not exactly, because I was quite busy with a new work client, but I was uncharacteristically positive. Now, mind you, I used to be positive most of the time, back in the days before Ava, before T, when I took all the Julie time I needed.

The world just seemed a bit happier today, and even the weather cooperated. It's nearly 11PM and our neighbors have not disappeared into the San Francisco summer fog. If I look outside, I would probably see stars. Stars! In July! In San Francisco! That NEVER happens.

It would appear that my 24 hours off, when I ran away from home, have brought me back to who I like being. For the first time in months, although I got home late from work and I was starving, being starving didn't catapult me into a horrid mood. I've been up since 5:30AM and I'm tired, but not miserably-I-should-have-gone-to-bed-at-9PM tired.

Is there that much magic in running away, even just for a night?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home