Sunday, July 10, 2005

Turkey Meatloaf

I ran away from home yesterday and left Ava with her very capable, if not particularly willing, father. I am back, but don't know where they are. I am not so desperate as to call yet and find out.

My weekend can be summed up in:
Hotel $(more than I want to say)
Dinner solo: $50
(where I had a sampler of three glasses of wine, drank all of one, part of the others, an appetizer and dessert)
Gas to get there: $15

Time alone, to swim, read, write, and rest:
Dare I say it?
Priceless.

Then I came home, at first reluctantly, but bought the ingreds to make turkey meatloaf, found I didn't have a recipe, so as usual, made one up.

Julie's (TM) Turkey Meatloaf

1 lb ground turkey (pref mix white/dark, but all dark rather than all white)
2/3 cup oatmeal, whole or instant
1 large egg
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup catsup or ketchup, as you prefer
1/4 cup shredded zucchini

Scramble egg. Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix with fork or hands until, well, mixed. Put in loaf pan, the 8x4 size. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-45 minutes or until meat thermometer says 165 degrees.

Note that my measurements are ALWAYS approximate, a bit more or a bit less of anything still works. Zucchini helps the whole thing from drying up like a swim suit left out in 100 degree weather. Why not beef? I don't like the taste of beef, although sometimes I'll tolerate it in hamburgers, I avoid it whenever possible.

No guarantees, expressed, hinted at, and especially written. I liked it, hope you do too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I like the new groovy look of your site.

Yay for you for making your OWN meatloaf for YOU.

xoxo

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pamela here...

Yay for you. Running away can be healthy. Wine for dinner can be healthy. A hotel stay can be healthy, even if your wallet doesn't want to acknowledge it as being so.

Smoochies.

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home