Monday, July 18, 2005

six squared

Happy Birthday To Me!

This birthday feels so uneventful, so un-birthday. Not in a bad way, just that there are no fireworks, no dancing girls, no parades. I am six squared today; I am three dozen; I am thirty-six years old.

My darling friend Becky gave me these beautiful Angel cards yesterday for my b-day, and the first one I picked said:

At this point in time you are where you are meant to be
Your life is a book already written

How reassuring it is to read a passage in a book that says I'm in the right place and I'm doing the right thing.

Tonight T picked me up downtown after work, without Ava, and we went to dinner. Now BA, going to dinner would be an every week event, but we went to a place that probably didn't have highchairs, and I really doubt had a kids menu. We had the best conversation and meal in a long time and came away...satisfied.

That's how thirty-six feels, really. Satisfying. Happy birthday to ME!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man! I missed your birthday. I'm glad you were able to have a sweet, sane and quiet evening with T.

Smoochies, baby.

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home