Thursday, April 25, 2002

Speechless

Last night I was speechless...
I showed up at A Clean Well Lighted Place 4 Books, to see my favorite author, SARK (www.campsark.com), for a booksigning. Becky, my workshop partner, and I had left a long-winded message on her inspiration line a couple months back asking if we could talk about our Magic Money workshop at this booksigning. But we never heard back...

So last night, I'm sitting in the third row, and SARK is flying out paper airplanes with sayings on them, and a small paper fighter-jet hits the ceiling and falls right into my lap. *SHIT!* I exclaim. I open it up, and it's about Money. Then SARK laughs and asks me if I want to speak about the workshops now? No!!! I hide my face in my hands, I don't want to speak about anything! I don't have anything prepared, nothing to say, and SARK is amused. So she says a little bit about the magazine, that we do a workshop on money, and go check out the magazine. I'm smiling, Becky is smiling, and for the rest of the night my friends are so amused because they've never seen me speechless before...