Saturday, April 20, 2002

Books

I'm in the middle of reading two books:
Soul Traveler by Albert Taylor
Prosperity Pie by SARK

And I have three books in my "to be read" pile:
Are You The One For Me? by Barbara de Angelis
Loving What Is by Byron Katie
Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott

By process of elimination, I chose which book to read. I am not in the mood to read about out of body experiences, thus, not Soul Traveler. I want more sustenance and vocabulary than SARK right now, I am not ready for Are You The One For Me, unless the title was "Are you the one for me right *now*" which it isn't, so I'm not, and although it's tempting to read Loving What Is, I don't want to do more processing of my currently over processed life, I want to feel commiserated with. I want to read writing about writing in a poignantly sarcastic amusing way...so the winner is:
Bird by Bird.

How do you choose which book to read?