Tuesday, April 09, 2002

Saying what I mean, meaning what I say

There is something very powerful about just being straight with people. I use words in such over-complicated ways and hope that the other person can "guess" what it is I'm trying to say. I hesitate to say words that could hurt someone, and in doing so I am left feeling powerless because I'm not speaking my truth.

What does this have to do with the price of gas? Well, I stated the truth to two guys using language a kindergartener could understand - that I was not interested in them romantically. Period. Scaryscaryscary. How will they take it? But this is the distinction of being powerful, according to landmark, which is to be straight in my communication with others and take what I get.

Well, in doing so, I got my power back. Magical, truly completely magical.