Thursday, March 28, 2002

Meeting in the oak tree

I've been up to a few strange things. Being Real - the future company of Becky & Julie had a meeting today in a big oak tree. I highly recommend meetings in big oak trees on sunny northern California days. I felt like I was 10, leaning back on a thick tree limb, dreaming away.

I started back into tech work last night at 8:30PM and was consequently stumped to solve a problem. I called someone. Left a message. Went to dinner. Then came back and fixed it. Perhaps I am a techie afterall.

I also went on a date last Sunday before my rebirthing class. Interesting enough, but I didn't get a good clear feeling that it was going to go past a second date. Today, after being talked at, and not being listened to, I'm going to cancel the second date. Dating is a funny thing. I'm going about it with the approach Tom Hanks mentions in "Sleepless In Seattle," which is: "In dating you just try people on to see if they fit."