Thursday, April 11, 2002

Cleaning up messes

Strangest yesterday. I went to Becky's to talk about Being Real - the company - although I was resisting because I don't feel ready to bring a whole company into being, and it turned out that our conversation was 90% about cleaning up past messes, and 10% about new company. She says we are creating the company in cleaning up past messes, because it gives the new company a place to be without anything holding it back. Sorta. She said it better.

So yesterday I cleaned up a money mess from 10 years ago. Because looking bad still looms large in my thoughts, I'm not going to spill on what the mess was about, but just that I resolved it with a $200 money order. If all my guilt could be mea culpa'ed for a $200 money order....

And I am enjoying being honest and human in front of a new guy - who just did the forum last week. Sometimes I think people are put in our lives to teach us the lessons we most want/need to learn.