Monday, September 24, 2007

Cleanse Day #1

Two dreams last night of people locked behind doors with no food or water - in the first a old woman had put them there and it was my role to rescue them while befriending the woman.

This morning while meditating I opened the door from the first dream and gave them water with a bit of maple syrup to quench their thirst.


Breakfast:
glass of warm water with 1/4 lemon
Quinoa porridge that I made with unsweetened almond milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and nutmeg. Was okay, but could use more spices.

After I dropped Ava at school and taught her O-F-F spells "off") I had a subtle flash of insight: in addition to cleansing my body this week, what else could I cleanse? I thought perhaps to start with cleansing my mind of anger and put peace in its place. We'll see how this goes.

Morning snack:
absolutely starving at 9:30AM...I brought applesauce for a snack, but instead I'm eating the raw almonds on my desk... (10 almonds). Realizing how much I hate feeling starving and not eating!
Okay...make that 19 almonds. We'll see if I want to eat my lunch at 11AM!

11:30 snack
unsweetened applesauce with cinnnamon that I brought for snack

12:15pm lunch
warmed up turkey chili I made last night & put over brown basmati & wild rice

2pm - started to get snacking itch, rallied up some coworkers to walk to sbucks so I could get some kind of plain tea and a 20 minute round trip walk

2:45 lunch continued
hungry again, instead of reaching for the dried fruit in my drawer, or cookies, warmed up the rest of the chili and brown/wild rice to eat with my peppermint tea & added lemon

4:27pm
I'M HUNGRY. HUNGRY HUNGRY HUNGRY. Even the burnt toast smell wafting from the kitchen smells good. I could eat more almonds, but they don't sound good. What sounds good is COOKIES. But fortunately, there are no cookies. There are some spelt crackers in the kitchen I may pilfer though.

Spelt crackers...goooood. I hope I have everything I need to make tonight's dinner and tomorrow's lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home