Monday, May 14, 2007

It's about time

Four and a half years together
A three year old daughter

...and on Saturday, down on one knee, at the top of the city on Twin Peaks, he asked me to marry him.

The surprise was really that he asked, that he proposed, I mean, he brought the ring home for my approval (I responded OH MY GOD HOLY SHIT IT'S BEAUTIFUL!) and had it resized (it's still a half size too big, but good enough for me to wear today) it's just that he wanted to ask, wanted to propose to me in a way that suited me. Just me, him, and our wonderful daughter on top of the city, our city, where we met, where our daughter was born. Our city.

I suppose just as I didn't need to say yes, as in my mind we're married in every way but on paper, but he asked, and I said yes.

I'll post a pic of the ring when I get home, my Treo camera doesn't do justice to the ring :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Semi-Wicked said...

Holy moly! I got tears in my eyes when I read this!

Congratulations, sweetie! I am so happy for you both. And as you said, it meant more that he actually asked, as you have already been fully committed to one another for quite some time now.

Smoochies!

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home