Saturday, June 02, 2007

Overwhelmed by Possibility

For the last couple days I've felt overwhelmed. So much going on, so many things to do with the spare minutes of time I may have in a day.

Until today I was doing my irregular morning pages and realized I'm overwhelmed because there is so much GOOD going on in my life. So many incredible, unbelievable, happenings and coincidences and opportunities that I want to shut down, pull the blankets up over my head, and hide.

For example...
My little company, Yoga Delivery, has one client. I've been saying I want two more clients, two more, I said preschools but it really didn't matter what kind of clients. Just clients, from one to three. So then a couple weeks ago T and I invited an old friend of T's to our Sunday ritualistic breakfast and as it turns out he organized basketball camps for kids over the summer (he was a semi-pro BB player). Five camps, for a week each. I looked at him, incredulous, and said "do you know I teach yoga, and I have a company that I created to bring yoga to people?" or something like that. A great conversation ensued, including how I could help him with his business, and we just formalized this week that I'll be teaching yoga to the kids in his camp during the late pickup hours for the first camp the end of June. What does it feel like when I make a wish, and that wish seems so improbable that it could come true, and yet it does? It feels...overwhelming!!!!

I'm not complaining, much. I'm reminding myself to breathe, relax, practice yoga in this moment, not in five minutes, because there's nothing I need to do right now.

Then...THEN I sent out an email to the group of people in my yoga training last year asking for book recommendations and got a response from one of my favorite people and I arranged to meet him and borrow a couple books. THEN I meet him in person, and he's off for the summer (works for a high school) and YES! he would be interested in teaching at the basketball camp on days I can't make it. I mean, he's just awesome, and he's worked with high school wrestlers, and likes teaching yoga to kids.

And .... AND tomorrow I agreed last minute to teach a freebie toddler yoga class at the Children's Day Festival in Bernal Heights. I figured I could print a few flyers, give a brief intro to Yoga Delivery. And be a little more overwhelmed by dreams coming true.

I've heard before that it's not our weakness we fear, it's that we're powerful beyond our imaginings. Dude...I'm all over that.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home