Thursday, June 01, 2006

Upside Down

I was stressed out before I even got to work today. Somehow getting back from a long weekend and a vacation in Maui has made me less understanding about everyone's urgent and critical computer issues. I knew a cornucopia of them were waiting for me at my Thursday client.

Half way through the morning I was about to run away and never come back. So I self-prescribed my favorite yoga pose:

Headstand.

I do this in the back hallways, and always wonder if one of the people in the office will walk by and see. Part of me hopes they do, because I'm quite proud that I can do a headstand easily. But I suppose that's my ego talking. I guess to I want someone to ask me why Julie, why are you doing a headstand in the back hallway on the 22nd floor of an office building in downtown San Francisco?

Why, indeed. Because the world feels right side up again after I've been upside down for 30 seconds. I don't know why, but this is true, at least for me.

And did it help? OH YEAH!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! Be proud of your easy headstands and your upsidedownitude. Be caught being cool.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Semi-Wicked said...

I am quite envious that you can do a headstand.

You go, girl!

7:38 AM  
Blogger eliza said...

a friend just sent me a video of a woman doing a yoga headstand, and her baby crawling over, pulling her shirt down, and determinedly attempting to nurse despite the awkward position. hilarious. a woman's work is never done! i hope if they do see you, they don't start asking computer questions.

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home