Monday, February 02, 2009

Something to say

Wow. Time doesn't so much fly when it's undocumented, as rocket. My last posting was April, 10 months ago. What's happened in the past months can only be explained by work, that paid money, that paid bills, and left me with enough time and energy to be a mom.

But as I recall, I did take a week and a half off in July to wander about New England, fall in love with Boston and feel not only like I've lived there before, but perhaps in a few lifetimes. I stayed three nights at a glorious place called Kripalu, made friends with a group of mostly lesbians in Ogunquit, Maine (the most gay town in New England, I believe), and recover pieces of me by traveling solo.

Now, I have a week off. I wouldn't exactly call it vacation, except that it's a vacation from the year and a half long contract "job" that paid well but didn't leave for much time. There's a lot of drama, which isn't particularly interesting right now, for rhyme and reason that I'm off for this week but it does involve a new boss that was hired while I went on the New England trip, and that we couldn't "come to an agreement" so that I would become a permanent employee.

Really, I can't say I wanted to. I would have, but in the end they hired someone else, a nice guy with a wife and infant daughter who needed a job, and I think will do just fine. I may be back, I may not, but I got my un-secret wish to have the first week of February off, maybe even the whole month.

That just means I won't show up in the office across the bay for a week, I won't check that work email for a week, I won't take phone calls from them for a week. I will breathe and ease the vice on my guts when my thoughts wander to the topic. I will, however, miss the routine 4pm walk to Starbucks though, as much for the chit chat, gossip, and breath of O2 as for the shot of caffeine which only interests me some days.

I'll miss a few treasured folks, the banter, the problem solving (a little). But really, I'm tidying up my life.

I've made a list of what I want to do in the next few weeks, or even this week, this is what I'm working with, which I reserve the right to edit.

+yoga classes - take and teach
** subset to this, I want to practice yoga every day for a month, take classes and at home
** second subset on teaching, I'm playing with the idea of teaching a yoga/dance movement class, which would first involve creating it

+play with Ava one day during the week - reduce school from 5 to 4 days
** I realized my sweetie is starting kindergarten in 8 short months and want to hang out with her more

+write
** I'm also starting Julia Cameron's "walking in this world" with my two AW buddies

+pass the CBEST test so I can substitute teach
** ever have a dream deferred? Mine was to be a teacher, we'll see what happens with this!

+nurture my yoga company

+play with idea for workshop website

+get prints made of the kazillion pics I have of Ava from my digital camera

+play with summer camp idea

+paint Ava's room

We shall see what the week unfolds...until then, it's nice to be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home